Another tip for sellers

As well as making sure the property is ready, make sure your business is ready: your buyer will (probably) want to see –
-an up-to-date (ie: less than one year old) electrical installation inspection certificate and Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) certificate – contact an NICEIC-registered electrician for these; a gas safety inspection certificate for any gas appliances – contact a CORGI-registered gas engineer for this
-an asbestos survey and management plan – you (or your landlord) should already have one; if not, there are specialist consultants who prepare these
-a fire safety assessment – if you have one (as you should!)
-your premises licence (full version, with conditions, not just the summary) and the plan, showing the licensed trading areas
-an energy performance certificate (EPC) from an approved assessor
-copies of any employees’ contracts of employment – or, if there are no written contracts, details of their terms of employment – as the buyer will normally be taking over all employees on the same terms

Copies of these documents should be supplied through your solicitor to your buyer’s solicitor; that way, it is easy to prove they have been supplied. Therefore, if you give your solicitor these documents as soon as possible, he or she can prepare a full pack, ready to send out as soon as a buyer is found and you have agreed terms, to minimise any delays.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest company update from Nelsons

Read now
X myStickymenu